Monday, December 17, 2007

Zombies and Movie Stars

So I saw "I Am Legend" with Will Smith tonight. I think I'm going to give it 4 out of 5 awesomes. I liked it. It wasn't as much of a zombie slaughter fest as you might have expected, but it was overall good acting by the Fresh Prince and his dog Sam was pretty freakin' cool. As far as the zombies themselves go, I'm going to put these ones just under the "28 Weeks Later" zombies with regards to scariness. They're definitely not your Knock-Down-And-Kill-With-A-Shovel zombies like in "Shawn of the Dead", and they're still much more frightening than the You'll-Be-Okay-As-Long-As-You're-Packing-Heat zombies of the "Resident Evil" series, but still not as bad as the You-Better-Hope-You-Have-One-Bullet-Left-For-Yourself zombies of "28 Weeks Later". If I had to be a zombie I'd want to be one of those. Walking around aimlessly and incessantly moaning "brains...." just doesn't seem that appealing to me.

So I'm on a diet. No, I don't eat brains. It's some kind of version of the Atkin's diet, but I've never actually read anything about the Atkin's diet, so I'll call it the Super Awesome diet. I just don't eat carbs. At first it sucked.... okay, it still sucks - but I've lost almost 25 lbs. since the beginning of the month and I'm actually starting to not miss all the carby and sugary stuff. Wierd, huh?

I've also been working out at least three hours every day, so it's not just the diet that's helping me to shed the pounds. In fact it's hard to tell which is having a more significant effect, but I'd bet on the exercise. I still have some ways to go but when I'm done I fully expect to look like James Bond (the new one) or maybe Brad Pitt. You know I've been told I kinda look like Matt Damon. Maybe I'll look like him. That wouldn't be so bad, as long as it's not the Matt Damon from Ocean's 11. He's kind of a timid dweeb.

"So what's the point?" you ask.

Well all of this is leading up to me most likely joining the National Guard as a Russian Linguist/Interrogator. But hey, if that doesn't work out at least I'll make a good looking zombie.

...brains...


No comments: